Are you the type of person who repeatedly hits the snooze button in the morning? Or who could just sleep all day?
Here are three tips to get you up and going in the morning.
1) Put Your Alarm Clock Out of Reach
Moving your alarm clock to somewhere you can’t reach it will force you to get out of bed. This will prevent you from hitting snooze and turning back over under the covers. Try putting it under your bed or across the room.
2) Take a Shower in the Morning
Taking a shower in the morning can jolt you awake. I like to take a nice cool shower to wake me up. My Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub also helps wake me up. The little bursting scrubbing bubbles have a fresh tingling sensation that really helps my face to wake up. That’s my bonus jolt of energy for the morning, a shower can help with or with out the face wash.
3) Eat Breakfast
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day for a reason. Eating breakfast gives your body nutrients to get moving. It’s like putting gas in your car to get going. Running on low or no gas won’t get you far, and a quick gulp of coffee won’t get you through the day, just like a quick gas fill up won’t get you through your whole road trip.
These are three simple and easy tips o add to your daily routine. I know, you’re probably thinking, “Katie, this sounds like I’ll have to wake up even earlier, why would I want to do that?” Trust me, I never called myself a morning person, but I found myself more productive and awake by trying these three easy steps. I first tried waking up 5 – 10 minutes earlier to see how my day would go. My day was less hectic because I was on time. I wasn’t stressed running around trying to get ready in a rush and then hustle off to the next part of my day. Instead, my day started off calm and relaxing.
My Personal Morning Routine
My morning routine goes something like this… (I have to be to work at 9:30 and I’m about 45 minutes away.)
- 7:30 Alarm clock goes off.
- A quick morning prayer and/or read of my daily inspirational quote app.
- Take a shower, brush teeth, all that good hygiene stuff !
- Get changed, do make up, get pretty and awesome looking! Sometimes I put on a country music playlist in the background.
- Make and have breakfast. It’s usually about 8:00-8:10 around this time.
- 8:25 Start packing bag, putting on my shoes, grab keys, wallet and phone. I usually have my lunch in the fridge and key necessities in my bag ready to go.
- 8:30 I’m out the door! Giving myself a little 15 minute window to be a little early or plan for the unexpected.
This is a normal daily routine for me when I’m going to the office. Some days I have time to sit and watch some morning television while I eat breakfast. Other days I make a breakfast sandwich or grab a granola bar for breakfast on the go. It all depends on how much I leave to do in the morning or how early I need to get into work.
If you haven’t tried the app Sleep Cycle, download it! This app analyses your sleep cycle all night to wake you up during your lightest sleep. Waking up during your deep sleep cycle is probably the hardest thing to do. I love this app because I feel light and easy waking up instead of heavy eyes and a drowsy body. If you use this app, you won’t be able to use tip #1. You need to have your phone charging and laying in your bed so the phone can run all night and analyse your body. I think it was free when I downloaded it, but now I think it’s a dollar. I think it is worth the try if your body really fights you hard in the morning.
Don’t think any of these tips will work? Try them for a week or at least once. Come back and tell me what you think!
How do you wake up in the morning? What is your morning routine?
- Eight Ways to Improve Your Sleep (liferefinement.net)
- Hey, Sleepyhead! How to Be a Morning Person (news.health.com)
- 5 Tips for Waking Up On Time, Every Time (valleysleepcenter.com)